Breakfast on a Sunday is my raindrops on roses or whiskers on kittens. I love trawling Pinterest for new recipes (one of my favourite boards to follow for inspiration is ‘Breakfasts & Brunches’ by Donal Skehan), ordering the ingredients with my weekly shop, waking up on a Sunday and taking my time to create something new.
My boyfriend, Luke, is a huge pizza fan. Huge. So when I did a Google search for ‘breakfast pizza’ I was pretty pleased to find that Buzzfeed had already curated a list of the best. On there I found a gluten free recipe for a kale and egg breakfast pizza. I adapted the recipe slightly and added sausage – y’know, cause it’s gotta have meat.
Makes two pizzas.
- Gluten free pizza mix (I used Glebe Farm)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 leek, chopped
- 3 handfuls of chopped kale
- 2 eggs
- 3 sausages, sliced into discs
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 C.
- Follow the instructions to make your pizza bases and put them in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté your kale, leek and garlic for 10 minutes.
- Once the bases are out of the oven, load them up with the kale mix and then place the discs of sausage on top (like you would with pepperoni).
- Put the pizzas back in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- With five minutes to go, poach two eggs.
- Take the pizzas out of the oven and serve the poached eggs on top.
- Season with rock salt and cracked black pepper.